Jennifer Aniston - Fun Facts
Birthdate: February 11, 1969
Birthplace: Sherman Oaks, California
Birth name: Jennifer Joanna Aniston
Original family name: Anastassakis
Height: 5' 5 1/2"
Spouse: Brad Pitt (29 July 2000 - 25 March 2005)
Father: John Aniston, actor; appeared in NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives; divorced from Aniston's mother 1978
Mother: Nancy Aniston, photographer, actress, model; divorced
Half-brother: Johnny Melick, assistant director; born 1959; mother, Nancy Aniston
Godfather: Telly Savalas, actor; born January 21, 1924; died January 22, 1994
Pets : 2 Dogs
Norman : Corgi-Terrier
Dolly : German Shepherd
- John Mayer, singer (Spring 2008 - March 2009)
- Vince Vaughn, actor (2005 - 2006)
- Brad Pitt, actor (1998 - 2005)
- Tate Donovan, actor; (November 1995 - April 1998)
- Adam Duritz, lead singer of the band Counting Crows; (1995)
- Daniel MacDonald, actor; (1990s)
- Charlie Schlatter, actor; (dated when they appeared together in TV series Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Rudolph Steiner School, New York
High School of the Performing Arts, New York
Attended night classes; studied psychology
Did you know...
- She was once recognized by a fan when she was naked in a sauna.
- She counts Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett among her heroes.
- She would love to meet Barbara Streisand.
- She can't stand it when people are overprotective of her and don't trust her judgement.
- She would describe herself as curious, caring and fun.
- Original family name Anastassakis -- changed when her family moved from Greece to the US
- Common mispellings of her name are: Jenifer Aniston, Jennifer Anniston, or Jennifer Anison
- Aniston's jobs before acting include waitress, telemarketer, messenger and receptionist
- When she was 11, a painting she'd done was displayed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Was slapped by 'Santa' in her early years while in New York City.
- Became estranged from her mother, who made unflattering statements about Jennifer in a tabloid. As a result, Jennifer refused to invite her to her wedding. Before wedding, about to make peace. Now exchanging words again.
- Jennifer's mother wrote the book From Mother & Daughter To Friends
. This is also part of the reason for the fight between Jennifer and her mother.
- In 1997, Jennifer was nominated for a Raspberry award as worst new star.
- 1999 - While hosting Saturday Night Live, she did a skit satirizing then boyfriend Brad Pitt's stalker aspiring actress Athena Marie Rolando
- One of Jennifer's best friends is actress Andrea Bendewald. Andrea was maid of honor at her wedding in 2000.
- On August 7, 2000 - Jennifer sues Celebrity Skin
magazine for publishing photos taken of her while sunbathing topless in her own backyard. $550,000 settlement with unknown man for same reasons.
- Chosen as one of People Magazine's Most Beautiful People in the World (1999, 2002, 2004 [cover girl])
- Broke her toe while filming Along Came Polly
. Stubbed it on an ottoman.
- Made $1 million an episode of Friends
- On September 15, 2003, Jennifer was described as a red carpet ruler by People
- Gets along well with show hosts Oprah Winfrey, Ellen DeGeneres, David Letterman, Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno.
- On August 19, 2003, Jennifer joined her TV mom Marlo Thomas in a fashion show to raise charity cash for ill children.
- Jennifer is the first woman
to win the GQ Man of the Year award. She shared the award with 50 Cent and Vince Vaughn in November 2005.
- On March 17, 2005 She won the ShoWest award for Female Entertainer of the Year.
- Jennifer tops the Forbes list in 2003. For the past year, she was on more magazine covers than any other celebrity.
Don't Look Now.
Favorite party drink:
Dirty Martini and Margarita.
Jeans or shoes.
Favorite time of the day:
Favorite Pick-Out Food:
Favorite animated movies growing up:
'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs' and 'Cinderella'.
Favorite movies growing up:
The Wizard of Oz, Summer Lovers and The Black Stallion.
Wuthering Heights and Fame.
Favorite TV Show:
Seinfeld, Mad About You, Emergency Room.
Scrabble and Poker.
Favorite article of clothing:
A brown cardigan. (in 2004, anyway)
Favorite Body Part:
"Hands. This probably comes from my dad, who has long, thick, beautiful hands."
Favorite Junk Food:
Tortilla Chips, Salsa and Guacamole.
Favorite Type Of Coffee:
Radiohead, Counting Crows, U2, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith.
Favorite Movie [movie which makes her cry:
Terms of Endearment.
Favorite place to put a tattoo:
Where only the loved one can see it or at the bottom of her foot.
The man you love.